This beach package is designed for beach lovers, and Vietnam, with its idyllic tropical climate and 3,444 kilometers of coastline, is a beach lover’s paradise. If you want to enjoy a trip for viewing relaxing seascapes, visiting unspoiled beaches and exploring islands in Halong Bay, don’t wait and gather your friends to book today. Beach lovers! This is a must-tour for you!
- Hotel accommodation in shared twin/double room
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Tours and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicles (boat is not air-conditioned)
- English speaking local guide (for other languages supplements apply)
- All entrance fees as indicated in itinerary
- International and domestic flights
- Meals other than mentioned above
- Camera/video entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance, tips, visa
- Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above
Thing To Carry
- Torch per person with extra batteries
- Sports shoes or trekking shoes or comfortable shoes with good grip
- Water bottles
- Dry fruits, energy bar, chocolates, etc.
- Personal medication
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Customers requesting a refund are required to mail/fax their formal letters with a detail explanation
Your refund request will be answered and processed promptly.
If you do not receive the reply within one business day, please call the office immediately. We will not be responsible if email, mail or fax fail to reach us.
NOTE: We cannot grant refunds more than 30 days after completion of tour.
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
- Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking and a full refund will be processed.
After breakfast the guide and private car will pick up guests from their hotel and drive approximately 2.5 hours to Nong Khiaw. After checking in to the hotel, guests will enjoy lunch at Nong Khiaw Riverside.
After lunch, visit the historical cave of Phathok. The Nong Khiaw villagers used this cave during the “Secret War”, to shelter people from bombs dropped in the region. It is about a 30-minute gentle walk from Nong Khiaw town and passes through beautiful scenery. Guests can learn more about this secret part of Lao history and explore the historical caves with their guide. From the cave, guests will have a beautiful view of rice paddies and the valley. Walk back to Nong Khiaw along a small path through the rice paddies.
Enjoy the sunset over the river. There is a choice of local restaurants within walking distance.
Overnight in Nong Khiaw
Distance and journey time:
Luang Prabang – Nong Khiaw (134 km): 2.5 / 3 hours
Enjoy breakfast overlooking the river as the mist hangs in the valley.
This morning, guests will begin the day early, embarking on a boat cruise up the Nam Ou River at 08:30. Surrounded by towering jungle-covered mountains, the journey is truly spectacular. After about 15 minutes, the cruise arrives at a riverside village, Lao Leum. The guide will provide some fascinating insights into the local lifestyle found in the communities sidling the banks of the Nam Ou River.
From the village, a small trail is followed, passing through the surrounding mountainous landscape. Rice fields, forests and agricultural plantations adorn the trail towards the next highlight, a quaint refreshing waterfall. After an extended break, a 1-hour hike leads to the next village, Sop Vanh, where guests will visit a beautiful local temple and learn about the history of Buddhism.After lunch and a tour of this traditional Lao-Khamu village, guests will cross over the river by boat to visit a pig farm before returning to Nong Khiaw.Overnight in Nong Khiaw
After breakfast, travel by private car towards Luang Prabang. Just after a dam, guests can take a boat for a cruise down the spectacular Nam Ou River and enjoy a picnic lunch along the way. Cruising down the river, guests can watch the local fishermen and the lifestyle of the riverside residents.
Stop for a visit to the mysterious Pak Ou Caves, at the confluence of the Nam Ou and Mekong rivers. Locally referred to as ‘Tam Ting’, these two caves are carved out of towering limestone cliffs and contain thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues.
Continue downstream for another two hours to Luang Prabang, with an optional stop at a local village along the way (guests can discuss this with their guide).
On arrival at the boat pier in Luang Prabang, guests will be picked up for a private transfer to their hotel or the airport.
Distance and journey time:
Nong Khiaw – Nam Ou dam by car (70 km): 2,5 hours
Nam Ou dam – Luang Prabang by boat (50 km): 2 hours
Luang Prabang – Luang Prabang Airport (4 km): 15 min